Speaker: David Butts, Tanya Torp, Deidra Dennie
Topic: The Basics: What is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Why is it Important?
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
Location: Mane on Main, 201 E Main St #1500, Lexington, KY 40507 (Validated parking is reserved in the Chase Tower Parking garage)
Parking Map: Mane on Main Parking Map
Virtual (NEW!): Login details will be sent prior to the meeting, up to 24 hours in advance.
Description and Objectives
This will be a moderated panel discussion with three professionals from the DEI community to discuss the importance of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the workplace including:
- What is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion?
- Why is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion important in the workplace?
- Why is it important to have policies and procedures around Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives?
- How can Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives attract and retain a better workforce?
Schedule of Events -
11:15 am - 11:45 am: Registration & Lunch
11:45 am - 12:00 pm: Business Meeting Update
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm: Presentation
*PENDING for one (1.0) PDCs with SHRM and HRCI.
**PARKING: CHASE BANK GARAGE. Validated parking is close, easy to access! Parking is reserved and will be validated for attendees, in the Chase Tower Parking garage. Validated ticket will be provided at registration. Please also keep the ticket you received when parking, you will need BOTH.
This month's meeting is sponsored by:
Transfer and Refund Policy
BGSHRM strives to provide quality events that are educational in content and rich in networking opportunities. We place emphasis on the humans in Human Resources and value the shared experience of our peers and comrades who are working to create safe and productive environments for their employees. We have designed chapter meeting fees to be as low as possible. Because of rising costs in our community due to supply line and labor shortages, your regular member registration fee covers the cost of you and is not a fundraiser for the chapter. As such, all payments for registration to BGSHRM events are non-refundable. If an event must be rescheduled by the chapter (i.e. severe weather in which travel is prohibited or impractical, our community is placed under pandemic restrictions, etc), we will apply your payment to a future event.
If you are unable to attend a meeting, you may request a transfer to another scheduled event or you may gift your registration to the current event to someone else. To make a transfer request, please email email@example.com.
- If the transfer request is made before 7 calendar days in advance of the event you may transfer your registration to another scheduled event or gift your registration to the current event to someone else.
- If the transfer request is made within 7 calendar days in advance of the event, you may gift your registration to someone else. This is a wonderful way to introduce your peers, managers, or leaders to ideas and information that will benefit your organization (and help them understand that HR is a strategy based role)!
- No transfer requests made after the event has passed will be considered.
Registration closes and is required by MONDAY October 3, 2022
due to catering requirements.