Speaker: Shelonda Darling
Topic: Staying Power: Why Employees Leave & How to Keep Them Longer
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, December 13, 2022
Location: Mane on Main, 201 E Main St #1500, Lexington, KY 40507 (Validated parking is reserved in the Chase Tower Parking garage)
Parking Map: Mane on Main Parking Map
Virtual (NEW!): Login details will be sent prior to the meeting, up to 24 hours in advance.
Description and Objectives
While some of today’s workforce is made up of deep-rooted, dependable staff, a larger number of positions are now a revolving door of employee turnover. Workforce thought leaders from Magnet Culture will share insight on why staffing is so challenging today and additional ways to gain greater staffing stability. Learn how to slow the revolving door, more effectively manage the impending shorter-term workforce, and maximize the time you have with each employee.
In this presentation, you will learn:
- Current employee turnover trends and future staffing projections
- Real reasons employees leave most organizations and ways to encourage them to stay
- Ways to become a M.A.G.N.E.T. employer who attracts better applicants and keeps staff longer
Schedule of Events -
11:15 am - 11:45 am: Registration & Lunch
11:45 am - 12:00 pm: Business Meeting Update
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm: Presentation
*PENDING for one (1.0) PDCs with SHRM and HRCI.
**PARKING: CHASE BANK GARAGE. Validated parking is close, easy to access! Parking is reserved and will be validated for attendees, in the Chase Tower Parking garage. Validated ticket will be provided at registration. Please also keep the ticket you received when parking, you will need BOTH.
This month's meeting is sponsored by:
Transfer and Refund Policy
BGSHRM strives to provide quality events that are educational in content and rich in networking opportunities. We place emphasis on the humans in Human Resources and value the shared experience of our peers and comrades who are working to create safe and productive environments for their employees. We have designed chapter meeting fees to be as low as possible. Because of rising costs in our community due to supply line and labor shortages, your regular member registration fee covers the cost of you and is not a fundraiser for the chapter. As such, all payments for registration to BGSHRM events are non-refundable. If an event must be rescheduled by the chapter (i.e. severe weather in which travel is prohibited or impractical, our community is placed under pandemic restrictions, etc), we will apply your payment to a future event.
If you are unable to attend a meeting, you may request a transfer to another scheduled event or you may gift your registration to the current event to someone else. To make a transfer request, please email email@example.com.
- If the transfer request is made before 7 calendar days in advance of the event you may transfer your registration to another scheduled event or gift your registration to the current event to someone else.
- If the transfer request is made within 7 calendar days in advance of the event, you may gift your registration to someone else. This is a wonderful way to introduce your peers, managers, or leaders to ideas and information that will benefit your organization (and help them understand that HR is a strategy based role)!
- No transfer requests made after the event has passed will be considered.
Registration closes and is required by MONDAY October 3, 2022
due to catering requirements.