Speaker: Matt Jones
Topic: How to Stay Motivated as an HR Professional in the Marathon of Uncertainty
Registration Deadline: Due to venue catering requirements, registration for in-person attendance closes on Tuesday, December 5, 2023. Virtual participation registration closes on Monday, December 11, 2023.
Location: Mane on Main, 201 E Main St #1500, Lexington, KY 40507 (Validated parking is reserved in the Chase Tower Parking Garage)
Parking Map: Mane on Main Parking Map
Virtual (NEW!): Login details will be sent prior to the meeting, up to 24 hours in advance.
Matt's Keynote, "HR is a Marathon," will inspire and empower HR Professionals. From Matt's story of overcoming insurmountable odds, your HR members will walk away empowered to put into action the strategies Matt shares. From his experience of going from a three-time cancer conqueror to completing eight marathons on eight continents after relearning how to walk, your members will learn how they can stay motivated as HR Professionals.
This talk offers the following benefits for those involved in HR:
-Reigniting One's Passion and Purpose as an HR Professional
-How to Stop Stress before it Stops You
-Learn the Three Choices to Stay Motivated as an HR Professional
-How to Operate at a greater level of Excellence
-Discover how to Thrive in the midst of Adversity, Setbacks, and Failures to achieve greater Victory.
1. Identify three choices that lead to helping guide oneself and your organization through adversity and challenge.
2. Learn the number one way to become solution-orientated versus problem-focused.
3. Discover two ways to be renewed and energized for Human Resources. Schedule of Events:
11:15 am - 11:45 am: Registration, Networking, & Lunch
11:45 am - 12:00 pm: Business Meeting Update
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm: Presentation
*PENDING for one (1.0) PDCs with SHRM and HRCI.
Parking: CHASE TOWER PARKING GARAGE. Validated parking is attached and easy to access! A validated parking ticket will be provided to you at registration. To exit, scan the ticket you received upon entry and then scan the validated ticket for payment.
This month's meeting is sponsored by:
Transfer and Refund Policy
BGSHRM strives to provide quality events that are educational in content and rich in networking opportunities. We place emphasis on the humans in Human Resources and value the shared experience of our peers and comrades who are working to create safe and productive environments for their employees. We have designed chapter meeting fees to be as low as possible.
Because of rising costs in our community, your regular member registration fee covers the program related expenses and is not a fundraiser for the chapter. As such, all payments for registration to BGSHRM events are non-refundable. If an event must be rescheduled by the chapter (i.e. severe weather in which travel is prohibited or impractical, our community is placed under pandemic restrictions, etc), we will apply your payment to a future event.
If you are unable to attend a meeting, you may request a transfer to another scheduled event or you may gift your registration to the current event to someone else following the guidelines below. To make a transfer request, please email email@example.com.
- If the transfer request is made before 7 calendar days in advance of the event you may transfer your registration to another scheduled event or gift your registration to the current event to someone else.
- If the transfer request is made within 7 calendar days in advance of the event, you may gift your registration to someone else. This is a wonderful way to introduce your peers, managers, or leaders to ideas and information that will benefit your organization (and help them understand that HR is a strategy-based role)!
- If you cannot attend in person, you may utilize the Zoom link sent to all registered attendees to join us online. Event links are sent to your registered email address, please check your spam folders or email filtering systems as we do not honor transfer requests for "lost links."
- Individuals who have registered to attend online may not switch to in-person after registration has closed as that is the cutoff date required by the venue for event planning.
- No transfer requests made after the event has passed will be considered.