Speaker: Dr. Abeni El-Amin
Topic: During this session, Dr. Abeni El-Amin will provide us with the resources to create a strategic diversity and inclusion plan for your organization.
Registration Deadline: Due to venue catering requirements, registration for in-person attendance closes on Tuesday, October 3, 2023. Virtual participation registration closes on Monday, October 9 , 2023.
Location: Mane on Main, 201 E Main St #1500, Lexington, KY 40507 (Validated parking is reserved in the Chase Tower Parking Garage)
Parking Map: Mane on Main Parking Map
Virtual (NEW!): Login details will be sent prior to the meeting, up to 24 hours in advance.
Description and Objectives:
Organizational leaders are accountable for healthy workplaces; therefore, they must provide leadership in recruiting, interviewing, selection, incentivization, onboarding, promotion, and succession to mitigate a culture of bias. Additionally, training and development must occur throughout the employee’s tenure and phases of employment. Furthermore, when refining strategic initiatives, challenging, and eliminating organizational biases, training and development focus on providing unconscious bias training to improve cultural intelligence (CQ) and reduce a disproportionate number of exclusionary discipline events, implicit biases, microaggressions, discrimination, workplace violence, and pay inequity
Attendees will be able to:
Schedule of Events:
- Establish leadership commitment, strategy, and increase investment for workplace diversity and inclusion.
- Evaluate diversity and inclusion learning and development needs of your organization.
- Create a strategic diversity and inclusion plan for your organization.
- By The Numbers: Understand the benefits of utilizing metrics to improve workplace diversity and inclusion.
- Apply tools and strategies to elevate your workplace diversity and inclusion plan.
11:15 am - 11:45 am: Registration, Networking, & Lunch
11:45 am - 12:00 pm: Business Meeting Update
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm: Presentation
*PENDING for one (1.0) PDCs with SHRM and HRCI.
Parking: CHASE TOWER PARKING GARAGE. Validated parking is attached and easy to access! A validated parking ticket will be provided to you at registration. To exit, scan the ticket you received upon entry and then scan the validated ticket for payment.
This month's meeting is sponsored by:
Transfer and Refund Policy
BGSHRM strives to provide quality events that are educational in content and rich in networking opportunities. We place emphasis on the humans in Human Resources and value the shared experience of our peers and comrades who are working to create safe and productive environments for their employees. We have designed chapter meeting fees to be as low as possible.
Because of rising costs in our community, your regular member registration fee covers the program related expenses and is not a fundraiser for the chapter. As such, all payments for registration to BGSHRM events are non-refundable. If an event must be rescheduled by the chapter (i.e. severe weather in which travel is prohibited or impractical, our community is placed under pandemic restrictions, etc), we will apply your payment to a future event.
If you are unable to attend a meeting, you may request a transfer to another scheduled event or you may gift your registration to the current event to someone else following the guidelines below. To make a transfer request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the transfer request is made before 7 calendar days in advance of the event you may transfer your registration to another scheduled event or gift your registration to the current event to someone else.
- If the transfer request is made within 7 calendar days in advance of the event, you may gift your registration to someone else. This is a wonderful way to introduce your peers, managers, or leaders to ideas and information that will benefit your organization (and help them understand that HR is a strategy-based role)!
- If you cannot attend in person, you may utilize the Zoom link sent to all registered attendees to join us online. Event links are sent to your registered email address, please check your spam folders or email filtering systems as we do not honor transfer requests for "lost links."
- Individuals who have registered to attend online may not switch to in-person after registration has closed as that is the cutoff date required by the venue for event planning.
- No transfer requests made after the event has passed will be considered.